The Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK is delivered as an embedded framework, containing all iOS supported 32 and 64 bit simulator and device architectures, bitcode and crash symbols. It can be used with Objective-C as well as with Swift.
Please find the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK downloads below.
Standard framework for iOS: Download
XCFramework for iOS: Download
- Guide to install with CocoaPods
- Guide to install as Embeddable Framework
- How to install as an XCFramework with Xcode 11 or later
Note: The SDK also contains a little script that prepares the framework, and your application when archiving for App Store submission. It strips the unnecessary architectures from the binary framework, code signs the framework and adds the crash symbols (dSYM) file to your app's archive (Embeddable framework only!).
CocoaPods is a dependency manager for Swift and Objective-C projects for macOS as well as for iOS. It integrates deeply into your Xcode project and manages the third-party components in your application.
- If not already done, install CocoaPods on your Mac
- Add pods to your Xcode project as described in this guide
- Modify your
Podfileto include the
ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDKpod as described here
Podfile in Xcode or with any text editing application and add the following line:
Podfile should now read as follows:
platform :ios, '11.0' target 'My Awesome App' do ... use_frameworks! pod 'ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDK' ...end
Podfile and run the
$ pod install --repo-update
command in your project folder using the macOS Terminal.
Open your application's Xcode workspace (not the project file). You should now be able to use Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK in your project.
Also, you can install the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK manually as an embeddable frameworkby applying the following steps:
- Unzip the downloaded SDK archive file and copy
ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDKfolder into your project folder
- Open your project in Xcode
- Select your build target and add an embedded framework
- Select 'Add Other...'
- Locate and select
- Check 'Copy items if needed' and 'Create groups', then hit 'Finish'
- Add a runscript build phase that runs the strip-script and set the dSYM file as the input file to this runscript phase
Script input file:
Installing the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK embedded XCFramework is similar to using the framework, except for the strip script which is not needed with XCFrameworks. Check out our step-by-step guide.
- Copy ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDK folder into your app's project folder
- Open your app project in Xcode
- Select your app's build target and drag the XCFramework into it
Step 1 Copy the downloaded ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDK folder into your app's project folder.
Step 2 Open your app project in Xcode.
Step 3 Navigate into the ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDK folder and drag ScanbotBarcodeScannerSDK.xcframework into your project's 'Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content' section.
Now you should be able to import the framework's umbrella header in your source code and start using it.