Our Barcode Scanner SDK Cordova Plugin is based on the native Scanbot Barcodes SDKs for Android and iOS and provides ready-to-use UI screen components.
The following functionality is covered by this Cordova plugin:
- Scanning of 1D and 2D barcodes via ready-to-use scanner UI
- Recognition of 1D and 2D barcodes on still images (e.g. JPG files)
- Support for multiple barcode scanning and recognition
You might also be interested in an overview in our blog post Types of barcodes and their usage.
- Node.js, npm
- Cordova CLI 9.x+
- Cordova Platforms:
- For Android apps:
- Android SDK (API Level 21+), Platforms and Developer Tools
- AndroidX enabled Cordova Android project. Please note that this plugin does not work with the deprecated Android Support Libs.
- For iOS apps: macOS with latest Xcode and Command Line Tools
- Android 5.0 (API Level 21) and higher
- iOS 11 and higher
- This Plugin and the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK are available only for Android and iOS
- We do not support rooted Android devices (custom ROMs)
- This Plugin does not work on other platforms like Windows Phone, Desktop or Web Apps
For a web solution please refer to our Web SDK.
- Smartphones and Tablets with a rear-facing camera with autofocus
- Supported CPUs and architectures:
arm64for physical devices and
The Scanbot SDK works completely offline. It does not even contain any networking code. This can easily be verified by routing all networking traffic coming from the app through a proxy. All data generated by the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK is only stored on the end user's device and in absolutely no case ever transferred to a server / cloud service controlled by us. You as the customer will need to take care of uploading the scans / data to your backend, if desired.
While it is possible to test your app with the Scanbot SDK on simulators/emulators, we strongly recommend using real Android/iOS devices. Depending on the emulated camera you may not be able to test/evaluate the full functionality of the Scanbot SDK.
Check out our example apps on GitHub:
If you need further information or are interested in licensing the Scanbot SDK please get in touch with our solution experts.