The Scanbot SDK for Flutter brings document and barcode scanning features to your mobile Android and iOS apps. It contains various modules that are part of different license packages. For more details visit our website.
Our Scanbot SDK Flutter Plugin is based on the native Scanbot SDKs for Android and iOS and provides ready-to-use UI screen components for several scanning use cases.
If you are only interested in barcode scanning we recommend the use of our pure Barcode Scanner SDK for Flutter.
The following Scanbot SDK Package functionality is covered by this Flutter plugin:
- Barcode and QR Code Scanning
- Document Scanning with User Guidance
- Cropping UI
- Document Detection from still images
- Image Filters
- PDF Creation
- TIFF Creation
- MRZ Scanning
- EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) Scanning
- NFC passport reading
- License Plate Scanning
- Latest Flutter SDK
- For Android apps: Android SDK (API Level 21+), Platforms and Developer Tools
- For iOS apps: macOS with latest Xcode and Command Line Tools
- Android 5.0 (API Level 21) and higher
- iOS 11 and higher
- This Plugin and the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK are available only for Android and iOS
- We do not support rooted Android devices (custom ROMs)
- This Plugin does not work on other platforms like Windows Phone, Desktop or Web Apps
- Also, the Plugin does not work in a Flutter Hummingbird and macOS versions
- Smartphones and Tablets with a rear-facing camera with autofocus
- Supported CPUs and Architectures:
armeabi-v7, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64
arm64, armv7, x86_64, i386
The Scanbot SDK works completely offline. It does not even contain any networking code. This can easily be verified by routing all networking traffic coming from the app through a proxy. All data generated by the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK is only stored on the end user's device and in absolutely no case ever transferred to a server / cloud service controlled by us. You as the customer will need to take care of uploading the scans / data to your backend, if desired.
While it is possible to test your app with the Scanbot SDK on simulators/emulators, we strongly recommend using real Android/iOS devices. Depending on the emulated camera you may not be able to test/evaluate the full functionality of the Scanbot SDK.
Check out our example apps on GitHub:
- Flutter example app: https://github.com/doo/scanbot-sdk-example-flutter
If you need further information or are interested in licensing the Scanbot SDK please get in touch with our solution experts.
👉 See Changelog