The Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK for iOS provides simple-to-use high-level APIs with a collection of classes and functions for scanning and parsing 1D and 2D barcodes with your mobile device’s camera.
Integrate our Ready-To-Use UI Components (RTU UI) with only a few lines of code. Benefit from a proven user experience, super fast integration time, and customizable colors and text to match your brand. Or dive into our Classical Components and build your own fully customized scanning experience.
You might also be interested in an overview in our blog post Types of barcodes and their usage.
The following data parsers are currently supported:
- AAMVA: Parse the AAMVA data format from PDF-417 barcodes on US driver’s licenses.
- Boarding pass data from PDF-417 barcodes.
- Parser for German Medical Certificates (aka. Disability Certificate or AU-Bescheinigung) coded in a PDF-417 barcode.
- Data from PDF-417 barcodes on ID Cards.
- Parse and extract data from XML of Data Matrix barcodes on Medical Plans (German Medikationsplan).
- Data parser of QR-Code values printed on SEPA pay forms.
- vCard data from a QR-Code (e.g. on business cards).
- Swiss QR data from a QR-Code.
- iOS 11 and higher
The Scanbot SDK works completely offline. It does not even contain any networking code. This can easily be verified by routing all networking traffic coming from the app through a proxy. All data generated by the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK is only stored on the end user's device and in absolutely no case ever transferred to a server / cloud service controlled by us. You as the customer will need to take care of uploading the scans / data to your backend, if desired.
While it is possible to test your app with the Scanbot SDK on simulators/emulators, we strongly recommend using real Android/iOS devices. Depending on the emulated camera you may not be able to test/evaluate the full functionality of the Scanbot SDK.
👉 Please see our example project on GitHub.
If you need further information or are interested in licensing the Scanbot SDK please get in touch with our solution experts.