The Scanbot SDK for Cordova brings document and barcode scanning features to your mobile Android and iOS apps. It contains various modules that are part of different license packages. For more details visit our website.
Our Scanbot SDK Cordova Plugin is based on the native Scanbot SDKs for Android and iOS and provides ready-to-use UI screen components for several scanning use cases.
If you are only interested in barcode scanning we recommend the use of our pure Barcode Scanner SDK for Cordova.
The following Scanbot SDK Package functionality is covered by this Cordova plugin:
- Barcode and QR Code Scanning
- Document Scanning with User Guidance
- Cropping UI
- Document Detection from still images
- Image Filters
- PDF Creation
- TIFF Creation
- MRZ Scanning
- Data Scanner (aka Generic Textline Scanner)
- EHIC Scanning (European Health Insurance Card Scanner)
- ID Card Scanning
- License Plate Scanning
- Node.js, npm
- Cordova CLI 9.x+
- Cordova Platforms:
- For Android apps:
- Android SDK (API Level 21+), Platforms and Developer Tools
- AndroidX enabled Cordova Android project. Please note that this plugin does not work with the deprecated Android Support Libs.
- For iOS apps: macOS with latest Xcode and Command Line Tools
- Android 5.0 (API Level 21) and higher
- iOS 11 and higher
- This Plugin and the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK are available only for Android and iOS
- We do not support rooted Android devices (custom ROMs)
- This Plugin does not work on other platforms like Windows Phone, Desktop or Web Apps
For a web solution please refer to our Web SDK.
- Smartphones and Tablets with a rear-facing camera with autofocus
- Supported CPUs and architectures:
arm64for physical devices and
The Scanbot SDK works completely offline. It does not even contain any networking code. This can easily be verified by routing all networking traffic coming from the app through a proxy. All data generated by the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK is only stored on the end user's device and in absolutely no case ever transferred to a server / cloud service controlled by us. You as the customer will need to take care of uploading the scans / data to your backend, if desired.
While it is possible to test your app with the Scanbot SDK on simulators/emulators, we strongly recommend using real Android/iOS devices. Depending on the emulated camera you may not be able to test/evaluate the full functionality of the Scanbot SDK.
If you need further information or are interested in licensing the Scanbot SDK please get in touch with our solution experts.
👉 See Changelog