The Scanbot SDK for Xamarin brings document and barcode scanning features to your mobile Android and iOS apps. It contains various modules that are part of different license packages. For more details visit our website.
ScanbotSDK.Xamarin NuGet package contains Xamarin bindings
of the native Scanbot SDKs for Android and iOS. It supports the most features that are provided by the native SDKs.
ScanbotSDK.Xamarin.Forms is based
ScanbotSDK.Xamarin and contains wrappers for use with Xamarin.Forms.
It provides ready-to-use UI screen components for several scanning use cases.
If you are only interested in barcode scanning we recommend the use of our pure Barcode Scanner SDK for Xamarin.
The following Scanbot SDK Package functionality is covered by this Xamarin SDK:
- Barcode and QR Code Scanning
- Document Scanning with User Guidance
- Cropping UI
- Document Detection from still images
- Image Filters
- PDF Creation
- TIFF Creation
- MRZ Scanning
- Medical Certificate Scanning
- EHIC Scanning (European Health Insurance Card Scanner)
- NFC Passport Reader
- License Plate Scanning
- Driver License Scanning
Please note that some features are only available for Xamarin Native. However, we are continuously working on providing the wrappers of the latest features for Xamarin.Forms.
- Latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio with Xamarin Platform
- For Xamarin.Forms projects: Xamarin.Forms v2.2+ and higher
- For iOS development: macOS with latest Xcode and Command Line Tools
- For Android development: Android SDK
- Android 5.0 (API Level 21) and higher
- iOS 11 and higher
- Rear-facing camera with autofocus
- Supported CPUs and Architectures:
The Scanbot SDK works completely offline. It does not even contain any networking code. This can easily be verified by routing all networking traffic coming from the app through a proxy. All data generated by the Scanbot Barcode Scanner SDK is only stored on the end user's device and in absolutely no case ever transferred to a server / cloud service controlled by us. You as the customer will need to take care of uploading the scans / data to your backend, if desired.
While it is possible to test your app with the Scanbot SDK on simulators/emulators, we strongly recommend using real Android/iOS devices. Depending on the emulated camera you may not be able to test/evaluate the full functionality of the Scanbot SDK.
Check out our example apps for Android and iOS on GitHub:
If you need further information or are interested in licensing the Scanbot SDK please get in touch with our solution experts.
👉 See Changelog